Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is quick, easy, and delicious.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 12 -16 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- Place eggplant slices in a large bowl, cover with water and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt. Let soak for 1 hour. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place beaten eggs in one bowl and breadcrumbs in another.
- Heat oil over medium high heat; enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Sandwich 1 slice of mozzarella cheese between two slices of eggplant.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg then in breadcrumbs.
- Place eggplant in hot oil.
- Fry 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.