Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy recipe that I usually have at Easter. I can't remember where I found it, so I don't know who to credit with this recipe.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 (3/4 ounce) packagegarlic and herb salad dressing mix
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- Wash the green beans and snap off the ends.
- Place dressing mix and oil in the bottom of a large nonstick frying pan.
- Mix well.
- Add the water and the green beans.
- Cover, turn heat to high and cook until the beans are tender crisp and the water has evaporated.
- Stir a couple of times while the beans are cooking.
- If you need to make more than one pound of beans, use a separate frying pan for another batch.
- The green beans are my favorite, but I have also made these with one bunch of broccoli or you could probably also use cauliflower.
- An envelope of Italian dressing could also be used. If you find it to be too salty, you can use just half a packet, and save the other half for next time.
This was really good and was super simple to make! We had an abundance of green beans after a trip to the farmer's market and decided to try this. My only complaint (not really the fault of the recipe though) was the saltiness. Next time I will use a lower sodium package or make my own dressing blend. This will definitely be added to our meal rotation.