carrie sheridan's Note:
These are subtly flavored--very special and couldn't be easier, not to mention make ahead. The current White House chef makes a sweet potato souffle with marshmallows--and that sounds heavenly, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast pecans briefly (3-5 minutes?) spread out in the toaster oven.
- 2Pour drained yams into a mixing bowl or casserole dish and puree with food processor, blender or hand mixer.
- 3Add melted butter and brown sugar and stir.
- 4Add chopped pecans to taste.
- 5Add bourbon, 1 spoonful at a time, to taste.
- 6Bake in small oven or alongside a turkey for 20 minutes at 325-350 to warm --
- 7Can use fresh yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut up and steamed.
- 8Can use dark brown sugar; just use less?.
- 9Can top with small marshmallows, like when we were kids.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Elegant Sweet Potatoes for the Holidays
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 519.7
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 84.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g