Recipe by carrie sheridan
These are subtly flavored--very special and couldn't be easier, not to mention make ahead. The current White House chef makes a sweet potato souffle with marshmallows--and that sounds heavenly, too!
- 1 (29 ounce) canof cut yams, drained
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 -3 tablespoon Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast pecans briefly (3-5 minutes?) spread out in the toaster oven.
- Pour drained yams into a mixing bowl or casserole dish and puree with food processor, blender or hand mixer.
- Add melted butter and brown sugar and stir.
- Add chopped pecans to taste.
- Add bourbon, 1 spoonful at a time, to taste.
- Bake in small oven or alongside a turkey for 20 minutes at 325-350 to warm --
- Can use fresh yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut up and steamed.
- Can use dark brown sugar; just use less?.
- Can top with small marshmallows, like when we were kids.