1/2 Photos of Easy Double Strawberry Layer Cake
Not only is this cake taste absolutely delicious, it's beautiful to look at! Because of the whipped cream and fresh strawberries this cake is best eaten the same day it is made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- 3In a bowl beat the cake mix with buttermilk, butter and eggs on low speed until just blended.
- 4Transfer the batter to prepare cake pans.
- 5Bake for about 18-22 minutes, or until cakes test done.
- 6Cool on wire racks for about 10 minutes; remove from pans and brush the top of each cake layer with 3 tablespoons of strawberry preserves.
- 7Cool completely on wire racks.
- 8Beat the whipping cream with 4 tablespoons of strawberry preserves and the powdered sugar on high speed of an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 9Place one cake layer on a serving plate; arrange half of the sliced strawberries over the layer, then top with half of the whipped cream.
- 10Place the remaining layer on top and repeat with strawberry slices then the remaining whipped cream.
- 11Garnish with whole strawberries on top of desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Double Strawberry Layer Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2792 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5974.6
- Calories from Fat 3121
- Total Fat 346.7 g
- Saturated Fat 182.6 g
- Cholesterol 1470.9 mg
- Sodium 4809.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 674.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 30.8 g
- Sugars 411.2 g
- Protein 65.9 g