Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can use any amounts of flour, bread crumbs and seasonings, depending on how many mushroom caps you are making. You can use whatever seasoning you prefer, garlic salt is good to use in place of the seasoning salt and garlic powder. Prepare as many mushrooms as you like. Make certain to use only FINE DRY bread crumbs, if you cannot find any fine bread crumbs, process the crumbs on the food processor until fine, soft bread crumbs will not hold on the caps.
Top Review by ALCTN
These were great! I read so many different variations of how to do these and this is the one I picked. Minimal ingredients I already had and a very quick appetizer. I like things a bit zesty though so I added garlic powder and cayenne pepper to the breadcrumbs and it still wasn't enough for me so I spiced em up after they came out of deepfryer. Yum!!!
- 12 -14 large white mushrooms, stems and caps separated
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- fine dry breadcrumb
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- oil, for deep-frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip the mushroom caps in flour, then in beaten egg.
- Roll in fine bread crumbs.
- Place on a plate and lightly season with salt and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a large frypan and deep-fry the coated mushroom caps in hot oil for about 1 minute, or golden brown on the outside.