Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
=) ...... This recipe evolved from one of those little Jiffy box mixes! So easy to mix up and so easy to eat them all in one sitting! A burst of tropical flavor mixed with the ever so conservative taste of dates and bran! A wonderful meeting of opposites!Enjoy!
- 1 (7 ounce) boxbran muffin mix with dates
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup chopped nuts (I like hazel or pecans)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained)
- honey, for glaze
- Drain pineapple and set aside.
- In medium bowl mix eggs and milk together.
- Stir in box mix and blend.
- Stir in coconut, nuts, and pineapple.
- Grease muffin tin well.
- Divide mixture between the 6 tins.
- Cook in a 400 degree preheated oven for 15-17 minutes.
- Let sit for a few minutes then carefully remove and set on wire rack.
- Brush with a bit of honey.