Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe came off the package of dates from Francies Dates, Phoenix, AZ. Flavor is enhanced if cake is aged for a day or so. A nice moist date which can be served with whipped cream sprinkled with chopped nut, or dusted with powdered sugar or with ice cream or cake au lait. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups dates, chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degF.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 x 2 inch cake pan.
- Mix tog chopped dates, soda and boiling water and let stand.
- Mix tog butter, sugar and vanilla, then add the date mixture.
- Add the flour and chopped nuts.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and bake at 350 degF for approximately 35 minutes. Test cake with toothpick to see if done.Cool in pan.
I had some dates to use up so I made this the other day. Let it sit a day before eating it. Added some powdered sugar and some cool whip and it was nummy !! I put some in the freezer so we shall see how that goes. I will reheat it and maybe add some coffee/chocolate syrup on it sounds scrumptious ! Thanks for posting this.
worse cake i ever made.. would not recommend to anyone! don't waste your money and time..
Shar-on your date cake was very moist.I love dates and we have alot here in Az. It tasted alot like an old cake called CRAZY CAKE.Keep up the good recipe posting.♥