Who would have thought you could make LASAGNA in the CROCK POT!! DH likes this version more than the oven baked one.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Brown beef, add onion and garlic - cook until onion is softened.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano - mix well.
- Spread one fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased slow cooker. Arrange one third of the noodles over the sauce.
- Combine the cheeses.
- Spoon one third of the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.