- 8 ounces penne, boiled and drained
- 1 medium white squash or 1 medium zucchini
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced thin (I like crimini)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 pinch dried red chili pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil penne, drain, set aside.
- On med-hi heat in a deep skillet, add the sesame oil and garlic and sauté for about a minute--just long enough for the garlic to infuse the oil.
- Add squash and mushrooms, sauté for about 5 minutes. Add a tablespoon of water if necessary for the veggies to cook properly.
- Besides the penne, add the rest of the ingredients and stir into a sauce. Let simmer for about a minute. Add penne and stir.