Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
So very simple.
- 8 ounces penne, boiled and drained
- 1 medium white squash or 1 medium zucchini
- 5 medium mushrooms, sliced thin (I like crimini)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, rinsed, drained, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 pinch dried red chili pepper flakes
- Boil penne, drain, set aside.
- On med-hi heat in a deep skillet, add the sesame oil and garlic and sauté for about a minute--just long enough for the garlic to infuse the oil.
- Add squash and mushrooms, sauté for about 5 minutes. Add a tablespoon of water if necessary for the veggies to cook properly.
- Besides the penne, add the rest of the ingredients and stir into a sauce. Let simmer for about a minute. Add penne and stir.
Perfect for a summer weeknight, fast, fresh & uses summer produce. Yum!
I love how simple and easy this recipe is. It's also tasty and so healthy feeling. I subbed plain yogurt as another reviewer suggested. No longer vegan, but still delicious!
This has so much room for modification, it is wonderful. I didn't have squash so I used red and orange bell peppers. I also subbed plain yogurt for the mayo. Thanks DiZzY