Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
A bit of work, but a fun dish to serve to company and is always praised for its taste! For best flavour, marinade overnight. You can also baste with your favourite barbecue sauce during grill time.
- 500 g boneless chicken breasts
- 500 g round steaks
- 500 g pork loin (my kids are not big meat eaters and I will sometimes use sliced up smokies in addition to this meat)
- green pepper
- yellow pepper
- red pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- onion (I occasionally use pineapple tidbits as well)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- bamboo skewer (approx. 32)
- Cut meat into small bite size cubes and place in ziploc bags.
- Pour Catalina dressing over meat and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut vegetables into small bite-size pieces and place in a ziploc bag about 5-6 cups.
- Pour the Italian dressing over vegetables and refrigerate overnight.
- You can also soak the bamboo skewers overnight to prevent them from burning.
- The next day, place meat and vegetables onto skewers, alternating colors for appeal.
- Be sure sure to start and end with meat to prevent everything from slipping off during grilling.
- I usually use 3-4 pieces of meat per skewer and lots of veggies.
- Barbecue over medium heat for approx 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Serve with your favorite salad and enjoy!
Delicious! This was something we used to make alot but stopped. We didn't use the pork but did both chicken and beef. Multicolored peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, zucchini and yellow squash all added to it's festive appearance. Wonderful, quick easy dinner great with rice pilaf!
These were great Pamela!Wanted something different to BBQ and these fit the bill, my first time making shish kebobs on the grill,if you can believe that! And with this recipe it certainly won't be the last! The only other time I can remember us having them we picked up pre-made ones from the meat section at the grocery store. Won't be doing that again now! I didn't plan far enough ahead so these only marinated for the afternoon, and they were still delicious and flavourful, I can't imagine that they could be much better with the overnight marination but they probably are! We only used beef this time,and for veggies we used cherry tomato, onion, red, green & orange peppers, & mushrooms. I look forward to trying with the chicken and pork as well, and I think I will add zucchini next time too,(asked hubbby to get some but he forgot at the store!!) I actually thought these were kind of fun to make and with the prep work done the night before,(which I will do next time!) the next day will be a breeze just having to prepare the skewers and your sides! Thanks Pamela, hubby and I really enjoyed these!
I started marinating the meat (pork, beef, chicken) and the vegies (red onions, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, mushrooms, red peppers, green peppers) yesterday and put it all together this evening. Husband grilled and basted with a little bbq sauce and boy did this turn out great! Thank you!