Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
If you like chocolate and mint, you will adore this pie. Make sure to leave the ice cream out to soften before making this pie.
- 1 1⁄2 cups nabisco refigerator chocolate cookies (3/4 of 8.5 oz. box, found near frozen pie crusts in the grocery store)
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 5 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate fudge topping (Hershey's)
- Crush cookies into fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter and press into pie plate to make crust.
- Mix creme de menthe and softened ice cream. Pour into crust and freeze.
- Spoon chocolate fudge topping over pie and create beautiful design.
- Pie needs to be out for 10 minutes prior to cutting.
This is a great recipe and easy. Have made it many years ago and also omitted crust and just piled it into sherbet glasses. Also topped it with hot fudge sauce rather than Hersheys. No matter what - it is always impressive and good. Thanks for submitting it.