Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is really easy -- fast and only 5 ingredients. It is full of vegetables, chicken and sausage. The recipe comes from Bird's Eye. If you want a less spicy gumbo, substitute a smoked sausage for the Andouille. This gumbo is meant to be served over hot cooked rice for a hearty meal. I haven't made this yet but am posing for easy finding.
Top Review by middy_pie
I have been using this recipe for years its delicious I use a can of corn with juices and extra tomatoes and fresh broccoli and red pepper. Adds about $$4 to the recipe and makes it much better!
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 453.59 g chicken breast, boneless & skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 226.79 g andouille sausage, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 453.59 g bag frozen broccoli, corn and red peppers
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes
- 354.88 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add chicken and sausage; cook until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add vegetables, tomatoes and water; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium; cook 3 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- Note: If you wish, peeled, cleaned shrimp could be added for the last few minutes of cooking. You may want to add a bay leaf with the vegetables.