Recipe by Jen's Kitchen
I love this. I found it in a Betty Crocker magazine.
Top Review by Cuistot
This was really good! We used grape tomatoes cut in half instead of plum and garlic powder instead of salt. I thought the bell pepper over powered the green beans and will likely omit them next time. I also thought the chicken needed to be in the balsamic sauce longer and will likely add it with the water next time.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, cut into 4 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12 inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken to bacon in skillet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on both sides. Discard excess bacon drippings if necessary.
- Add water and green beans to skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 8 minutes. Stir in bell pepper. Cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes turning and stirring vegetables occasionally until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
- Stir in tomatoes and dressing. Cook uncovered about 2 minutes stirring occasionally until tomatoes are thoroughly heated.