Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy, good-enough-for-company, chicken dish that can be frozen. Add elegance by serving on puff pastry shells. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced (or use canned)
- 2⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken, boullion
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and cut up (or use canned)
- 4 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Sautee mushrooms and green pepper until peppers are crisp tender. Remove from heat.
- Add flour and pepper - return to heat and simmer on low until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add boullion, milk and water. Increase heat slightly and bring to a slow boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken and pimento. Heat through.
- At this point, you can serve the ala King over baked puff pastry shells, toast, mashed potatoes, or rice.
- OR allow to cool, then freeze for up to 1 month. To prepare when frozen, allow to thaw in refrigerator overnight, then heat thoroughly in microwave or stovetop. Enjoy!