Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken, cooked, chopped (may substitute canned chicken or frozen, cooked chicken strips)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, diced, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- chow mein noodles, hot cooked rice or toast
- Combine all ingredients except the noodles in a heavy saucepan.
- cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve over noodles, rice or toast.
Just tried this recipe and my whole family liked it! Due to not planning ahead, I had to improvise a little...substituted chopped roasted red peppers for the pimentos, fresh mushrooms for the canned and used a large can of white meat chicken. To lighten it up a bit, I doubled the peas and used reduced fat soup. I served it over no-yolk egg noodles. We had steamed broccoli for a side. Thanks for helping me fix dinner when I had no idea what to fix at 5:00! Just for fun, I might submit my variation (with credit to you!) and see how much it affected the nutritional #'s.
Not only is this dish fast and easy, it's delicious! I served it over English muffins; my husband thinks it's great, too. It's definitely a keeper!
Really tasty, but a little too salty.