Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious open faced burgers topped with full on cheese flavour! What’s not to like about these! You know you shouldn’t….but you will…go on!
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked smoked streaky bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 12 frozen beef burger patties (3 pounds)
- bread or hamburger bun, if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill, or oven grill.
- In a small bowl mix all ingredients except for the beef patties.
- When the grill is heated, place frozen patties on the grill.
- Cover grill, and cook over medium heat 4 to 8 minutes, turning once, until the patties are nicely browned and cooked through.
- Carefully top each patty with about some of the cheese mixture.
- Cook, covered, for 4 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on toasted bread.
Oh my is this good! I cut down to three servings but didn't use quite the full amount of hot sauce. Served on toasted pretzel rolls with mustard and homemade pickles (I just cannot have a burger without pickles!) Thanks for the recipe!