Recipe by MarieRynr
Delicious open faced burgers topped with full on cheese flavour! What’s not to like about these! You know you shouldn’t….but you will…go on!
Top Review by flower7
Oh my is this good! I cut down to three servings but didn't use quite the full amount of hot sauce. Served on toasted pretzel rolls with mustard and homemade pickles (I just cannot have a burger without pickles!) Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices cooked smoked streaky bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 12 frozen beef burger patties (3 pounds)
- bread or hamburger bun, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas or charcoal grill, or oven grill.
- In a small bowl mix all ingredients except for the beef patties.
- When the grill is heated, place frozen patties on the grill.
- Cover grill, and cook over medium heat 4 to 8 minutes, turning once, until the patties are nicely browned and cooked through.
- Carefully top each patty with about some of the cheese mixture.
- Cook, covered, for 4 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on toasted bread.