Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is slightly altered from a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, and it looks fantastic! The cookbook said you can use tuna in the place of the salmon if you prefer. Either way, yum!
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (10 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 cups corkscrew macaroni
- 2 green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) cans salmon, drained (skinless, boneless)
- In large saucepan, cook frozen vegetables, pasta, and green onions in boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes, or just until pasta is tender. Drain well.
- Return pasta to pan. Stir soup, milk, dried dill, mustard, and pepper into pasta mixture. Gently fold in salmon or tuna. Cook over low heat until heated through.
This gets 3 from the DH & DD but a 4 from me as it went from pantry to table in under 20 mins which is *awesome* when our days get out of control! (and bonus of no fast food nor 'pizza ... agaaaaain?') I used 2c. whole wheat rotini/penne, 2c. frozen broccoli, salmon not tune, and substituted 3/4 t dried basil for the dill since I was out. I also ran the veggies in the microwave w/ a smidge of water and some dehydrated onions since we didn't have green onions on hand. I'll probably add more pepper next time though a white/black blend since even DD added more and she's not a huge pepper user. Thanks for saving my sanity tonight! =)