Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a home favorite. Made with simple everyday foods you can easily find in your kitchen. Adding herbs to eggs is a great way to introduce a gourmet flavor to breakfasts of BLAH!
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese
- 14.79 ml cream
- 0.25 ml garlic salt
- 0.25 ml dill
- 0.25 ml parsley
- pam nonstick cooking spray
- *1 Combine all ingredients except for the Pam and cheese and whisk with a fork.
- *2 preheat a small frying pan at medium low heat. Eggs cook and burn fast so use whatever setting you are most comfortable with you stove. Once hot spray a light coating of Pam.
- *3 Pour the egg mixture in the frying pan immediately after spraying with Pam. Allow the eggs to cook for 2-3 minutes. Then tilt the frying pan and life one side of the omelet to allow the uncooked portion to pool under the cooked part. (NOTE: I did not tilt my pan in the picture since it was very difficult to lift the omelet and take a picture at the same time. But you get the idea.).
- *4 After another minute or so cooking add the cheese to only half of the omelet. Once most of the cheese has melted fold one side of the omelet (the side with NO cheese) in half.
- *5 Wait a bit then flip and let the other side cook ensuring all the egg has been thoroughly cooked. Serve with your favorite toast or bagel.
- *Instead of cream use milk. A little bit of dairy will fluff up those eggs while they cook.
- *Instead of Pam use butter or oil. Just be sure to completely cover the inside of the frying pan or your eggs WILL stick.
- *No cheddar no problem. Any cheese will do. However the bolder the flavor of the cheese, the better your omelet will taste.
- *Don't got dill. Crush some rosemary into the mix or even some Mrs. Dash.
I like the flavours that the dill and garlic salt added to this omelette. These are spices that I don't usually include in my omelettes and I quite enjoyed them. I would definitely make this again, thx for posting Leahferne. Made for Fall PAC 2011.