Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chicken was on sale 2 weeks ago and I really stocked up. The last 2 boneless, skinless breast were haunting me. Paul requested Chicken Parm. I had never made it before, but this is what I came up with.... It got a rave review from Paul. This was so much food... so even though its only 2 breasts... it could have fed 4!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) jarragu spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup fresh seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, plus
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place chicken breasts flat in a zip lock freezer bag and pound out to 1/2 inch thick.
- In a sauce pan, sauté onion, garlic and Italian seasoning until soft.
- Add white wine and sauté until wine has evaporated.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer on low.
- In a pie plate scramble 2 eggs.
- In another pie plate, mix 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs.
- Dredge chicken in egg and then in breadcrumbs, making sure to fully coat the chicken on both sides.(I went back and did the egg and breadcrumbs a second time because Paul asked for double breaded).
- Place breast in a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top each breast with 1/4 cup of sauce, the remaining parm and 2 slices of mozzarella.
- Place under the broiler until mozzarella is golden brown.
- Serve over pasta and sauce.