Snowbunny Andorra's Note:
A very easy recipe for cheese scones with a little kick from the cayenne. Best served straight from the oven, split and spread with plenty of butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- 2Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne and cheddar, reserving just a little to sprinkle on the tops of the scones.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add the milk and oil.
- 4Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and combine together with a spoon and then your hands. If the mixture won't hold together, add a splash more milk until it does.
- 5Use your hands to flatten the dough until it's about half a centimetre thick. Fold in half and flatten again to the same thickness.
- 6Use a cutter of your choice to press out the scones and arrange them on a baking tray. They don't spread much so you don't have to worry about leaving a large gap between each one. Sprinkle the reserved cheddar over the tops of the scones and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- 7Bake until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cheese Scones
Serving Size: 1 (775 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.6
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g