These are so good! Crisp on the outside and melting cheese on the inside! This recipe was originally from Betty Crocker. Servings depends totally on how large or small you cut your cheese. I prefer Monterrey Jack.
- Place cheese nuggets in a pan and put in freezer for at least one hour.
- Mix bisquick,paprika, garlic powder, milk and egg until smooth.
- Dip cheese into batter,covering cheese completely.
- Fry in 2 inches of oil heated to 375 degrees in a frying pan or in an electric skillet.
- Fry about 1-2 minutes, turning once, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with marinara sauce.(recipe #153093).
Loved the batter...very crisy and delicious (would be great on onion rings, I think)!!!! I bought the cheese that is already cubed and put them into the freezer the morning before I made them. Had to watch carefully because they tend to "leak" suddenly if you're trying to handle too many in the frying pan at one time...will try to fry only 3-4 at a time, next time.
I agree with daggle, very simple and easy to make. We had these with beef patties last night for dinner. I served with quick mushroom marinara sauce that I whipped up in the food processor (one of my recipes on here). Sorry, there is no picture this time, as I forgot to bring the camera along with me to the kitchen. I'm going to be making these again, then I'll snap a picture. You have three wonderful ones already of the recipe. You know how much I love cheese, and this is a great recipe for that! :) Thank you, we both enjoyed it!