Recipe by SouthernMom
An easy camp stew (also known as Brunswick Stew) made from mostly canned ingredients. Yummy on cold winter days.
- 1 (10 ounce) can barbecued chicken (I use Sweet Sue)
- 1 (10 ounce) can barbecued beef (Castleberry's)
- 1 (10 ounce) can barbecued pork (Castleberry's)
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen butter beans, cooked and seasoned
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (more or less to taste)
- 3 -5 tablespoons ketchup (but better if you use it) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook butterbeans while peeling potatoes.
- Place all ingredients in 4 quart pot.
- Cook on medium low for 30 minutes to 1 hours or until potatoes are done.
- To speed the process a little, boil the potatoes before adding to the stew.
- This will be better the next day.
- This can also be done in a slow cooker. Adjust time to 3 hours or more.