Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple to make and really tasty veggie/vegan soup. Adjust the amount of chili and garlic to your own taste.
- 1 medium butternut squash or 1 large butternut squash
- 2 chili peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 liters stock
- Wash and dice the butternut squash (you can leave the skin on).
- deseed the chili.
- peel the garlic.
- Place all 3 on a baking tray.
- sprinkle olive oil over
- place in the oven at 180 for about 40 minutes or until the squash is cooked (this is when you can put a knife through it easily).
- Bring the stock to the boil.
- add the baked ingredients.
- blend with a stick blender
- season to taste.
Very simple and easy. I didn't have any chili so added ancho chilli powder. I took this to work and everyone loved it. Made for PAC Fall 2009
what a nice kick from the chili peppers! I baked this for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then used 2 cans (or 4 cups) of stock. I used a potato masher since I didn't have a stick blender, but this recipe makes me want to invest in one soon! Thank you for sharing, made this for Fall PAC '09.