Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I got this recipe from the Texas Beef Council. This recipe is quite delicious for its simplicity. I have made this brisket between 4-5 pounds also. But, did not change the ingredients. Just the cooking time. We also enjoy making sandwiches from the leftover Brisket. A roll, slaw and pickle on the sandwich is wonderful.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless beef brisket
- 1 (12 ounce) Heinz Chili Sauce
- 12 ounces Coke
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (I use Liptons 1 package)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine Chili sauce, coke and soup mix in a bowl to make a sauce.
- Place Brisket in heavy foil baking pan. Or, use your own pan and foil line same.
- Pour sauce mix over Brisket.
- Cover with foil and seal edges around baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour PER POUND (3-4 hrs for 3.5lb brisket).
- Let sit in oven for 1 hour more with oven off. Do not open oven.
- Carve in thin slices against the grain and serve pan juices over brisket and on the side as an extra sauce.
- Sauce will be thin.