Easy Bird Feeders (For the Birds)
- Melt the suet in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in both seed an let stand for 20 minutes, or it starts to set, but not firm.
- Meanwhile, with the point of a small knife, punch two holes opposite each other in each orange half, 1/2" down from the cut edge.
- Pull end of string through the hole and tie a knot.
- Cut string to desired length for hanging and tie the ends together for hanging.
- Place each orange half in a small bowl and spoon the fat mixture into each half, mounding in the center.
- Refrigerate till firm.
- Hang outdoors.