Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
You can also bake these in the oven, but this is very good if you want to do then quick.
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped nuts
- 4 teaspoons raisins
- 4 teaspoons coconut
- 4 medium tart apples
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Combine nuts, raisins, and coconut.
- Core apples and peel the top third.
- Place in microwave dish.
- Fill center with nut mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Pour apple juice around apples.
- Pour syrup over apples.
- Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until apples are tender.
- If your microwave isn't a turntable, rotate the apples every 2 minutes.
Wow! This is a fun and flavorful recipe! I was thrilled with how fast these apples cooked in the microwave and they came out delicious! The only changes I made was to omit the raisins and served with vanilla ice cream. My kids loved this quick dessert!