Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Frosts a two-layer cake.
- 19.71 ml shortening
- 158.51 ml powdered sugar
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 9.85 ml milk
- colored crystal sugar (for decoration)
- Stir together shortening, powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Spread 2 teaspoons of frosting on top of 1st layer.
- Add 2nd layer and continue frosting.
- Sprinkle with colored crystal sugars.
- Frosts a 2 layer cake.
this is a great frosting. it was easy for my 5 yr old to mix by herself and spread. i first thought it might dry quick because of the powdered sugar, but no it didn't! it stayed smooth and spreadable and then i just put the remaining little bit in a sealable container. she also added a little bit of liquid food coloring and it didn't dilute too much. also i used the milk amount it calls for & it wasn't too runny! this is a keeper!
I followed the recipe exactly, but it was a little runny, more of a glaze than icing. Next time, I'll cut back a little on the milk & vanilla. Still, it tasted good and the kids liked it. :)
I had fun making this recipe. It was delicious.