Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes 11 chocolate cake mixes
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir with a wire whisk until blended. With a pastry blender, cut in
- shortening until evenly distributed and mixture resembles corn meal.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture into each of 11 small containers with
- tight fitting lids or ziploc bags. Seal containers. Label with date and
- Store in a cool dry place. Use within 12 weeks.
- Makes 11 packages Children's Chocolate Cake Mix
- To Use:
- 1 Pkg Children's Chocolate Cake Mix (above)
- 4 tsp Water
- Preheat Easy Bake Oven for 15 minutes
- Preheat Easy Bake Oven 15 minutes
- To one container of mix add water. Stir with a fork or spoon until blended and smooth. Pour mixture into greased and floured 4 inch round miniature
- baking pan. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto a
- small plate and remove pan.
- When cool frost with Children's Chocolate
- Frosting if desired.