Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very simple, delicious way to get your omega-3s!
Make and share this Easy Avocado and Tomato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 2 tomatoes, vine-ripened
- 1 lime, juice of, bottled lime juice is also fine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- Cut the tomatoes into large chunks, approximately 3/4" cubed.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Cut the avocado flesh into chunks around the same size as the tomato chunks; this can either be done by removing the avocado from the skin and chopping it or it can be done by cutting the avocado while still in the skin and turning the skin inside out.
- Add olive oil, lime juice, and optional garlic, then salt and pepper to taste.
This was a perfect light lunch. I believe this would be equally tasty served as an appetizer. I ate the entire recipe myself, so think that perhaps the serving size should be more like 1-2. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)
This was a good, simple recipe... sort of like a deconstructed guacamole. When I made it, I added a bit of red pepper flakes and some garlic. I would make this again, but I would add a little cilantro as well.