Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I had potatoes I needed to use and wanted an easy no fuss recipe that was tasty. Most au gratin potatoes require added flour and milk but these don't. I'd like to think these are a little healthier! If nothing else, they're super tasty!
- 1 ranch dressing mix (Whole packet. I used Hidden Valley)
- 2 large idaho potatoes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh cracked pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees.
- Use the olive oil spray to coat the inside of a dutch oven. (I use a dutch oven but any round, covered casserole dish should work.).
- Thinly slice the potatoes. (I used a mandolin.).
- In a large bowl, Toss the olive oil, potatoes, ranch powder, and pepper (if you choose to include it) until the potatoes are coated evenly.
- Evenly coat the bottom of the dutch oven with half of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheddar cheese evenly over the potatoes.
- Arrange the remaining potatoes over the cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining cheddar over the potatoes.
- Place the cover on the dutch oven and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!