These little turnovers make a nice special late breakfast or mid morning treat, with a large milky coffee or have them for a quick dessert served with a scoop of ice-cream and/or whipped cream :) *You can use mashed, canned apricots in place of the conserve or jam. Also, try with other fruits such as cooked apple or berry conserves or jams. Your choice:)
- Pre heat the oven to 375'F/190'C.
- On a floured board cut the pastry with a sharp knife into four squares.
- Place a tablespoon of apricot conserve on to the middle of each square of pastry.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of each with a little cold water and fold each square over to form a triangle.
- Gently press the edges together.
- Place carefully on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool a little then dust generously with the sifted icing sugar and serve.
- *If you don't have ready rolled pastry just use 8oz/225g ready puff pastry and roll out on floured board to make a 10"/25cm square, then cut into four squares.