These little turnovers make a nice special late breakfast or mid morning treat, with a large milky coffee or have them for a quick dessert served with a scoop of ice-cream and/or whipped cream :) *You can use mashed, canned apricots in place of the conserve or jam. Also, try with other fruits such as cooked apple or berry conserves or jams. Your choice:)
- Pre heat the oven to 375'F/190'C.
- On a floured board cut the pastry with a sharp knife into four squares.
- Place a tablespoon of apricot conserve on to the middle of each square of pastry.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the edges of each with a little cold water and fold each square over to form a triangle.
- Gently press the edges together.
- Place carefully on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20minutes, or until risen and golden brown.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool a little then dust generously with the sifted icing sugar and serve.
- *If you don't have ready rolled pastry just use 8oz/225g ready puff pastry and roll out on floured board to make a 10"/25cm square, then cut into four squares.
What a delicious treat Jen. I used apricot preserves, raspberry and wild blueberry jams. They were all so good, we really enjoyed them. Thank you for sharing this quick and easy to make recipe, which we will enjoy often.