Recipe by Artsy Chef
These are quick and easy. I was looking for something to make and just took three simple ingredients out of my frig. This is a quick and easy way to make low fat apple dumplings. I used some old fat free refrigerated biscuits and it still turned out well. I recommend cheddar since it melts a little slower, but any of your favorite cheese (and fruit) would work.
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- 8 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- pam butter-flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Separate biscuits. For each biscuit, separate into two layers. Place 1 Tbs cheddar cheese and 1/8 of apple slices on one layer. Top with other layer. Press edges together to seal. Place into muffin tin. Repeat for all biscuits.
- Spray tops of biscuits with butter flavored spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (or just plain cinnamon).
- Cook according to directions on package. The biscuits I used took 14 minutes.