A tasty dip that is a success at any party. I got this recipe from a friend from Mexico. Easy to make!
- Take avocados and cut into and around the circumference of the avocado's pit.
- With both hands twist the two halves in opposite directions and pull apart.
- Remove the pit with a knife or a spoon.
- Carve out the flesh of the avocado with a tablespoon.
- Place avocados into a medium bowl and mash and stir until moderately creamy. I use a fork or a pastry blender.
- Some people like the avocados more chunky than others-- either way it tastes great.
- Add diced onion and tomatoes to the avocados.
- Add salt, pepper, tabasco sauce and lime juice and taste to see if seasoned enough to your liking.
- In a separate small bowl put in 2 tablespoons of the dip.
- Add 1 tbsp of sour cream and adjust your seasonings again.
- Taste it and decide if you prefer your guacamole with or without sour cream.
- If you like with sour cream add 4 tablespoons or more to the avocado mixture and adjust your seasonings again.
- If not, do nothing and leave it like it is.
- Serve chilled with chips or add a little to your taco salad, tacos or fajitas.