A tasty dip that is a success at any party. I got this recipe from a friend from Mexico. Easy to make!
- Take avocados and cut into and around the circumference of the avocado's pit.
- With both hands twist the two halves in opposite directions and pull apart.
- Remove the pit with a knife or a spoon.
- Carve out the flesh of the avocado with a tablespoon.
- Place avocados into a medium bowl and mash and stir until moderately creamy. I use a fork or a pastry blender.
- Some people like the avocados more chunky than others-- either way it tastes great.
- Add diced onion and tomatoes to the avocados.
- Add salt, pepper, tabasco sauce and lime juice and taste to see if seasoned enough to your liking.
- In a separate small bowl put in 2 tablespoons of the dip.
- Add 1 tbsp of sour cream and adjust your seasonings again.
- Taste it and decide if you prefer your guacamole with or without sour cream.
- If you like with sour cream add 4 tablespoons or more to the avocado mixture and adjust your seasonings again.
- If not, do nothing and leave it like it is.
- Serve chilled with chips or add a little to your taco salad, tacos or fajitas.
This guacamole was really good. I picked this recipe because I started to make guacamole and realized I didn't have any lemons or limes. The only thing I changed was that I used some salsa instead of tomato. I'll make this again. Thanks for the great and easy recipe.
My boyfriend's father tried this recipe and it turned out so good that we made it again the very next day. It is now one of our favourite dips.
Oh, yeah. It's a keeper!