1/2 Photos of Easy and Authentic Mexican Guacamole / Avocado Dip
Amy Duchesne's Note:
A tasty dip that is a success at any party. I got this recipe from a friend from Mexico. Easy to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take avocados and cut into and around the circumference of the avocado's pit.
- 2With both hands twist the two halves in opposite directions and pull apart.
- 3Remove the pit with a knife or a spoon.
- 4Carve out the flesh of the avocado with a tablespoon.
- 5Place avocados into a medium bowl and mash and stir until moderately creamy. I use a fork or a pastry blender.
- 6Some people like the avocados more chunky than others-- either way it tastes great.
- 7Add diced onion and tomatoes to the avocados.
- 8Add salt, pepper, tabasco sauce and lime juice and taste to see if seasoned enough to your liking.
- 9In a separate small bowl put in 2 tablespoons of the dip.
- 10Add 1 tbsp of sour cream and adjust your seasonings again.
- 11Taste it and decide if you prefer your guacamole with or without sour cream.
- 12If you like with sour cream add 4 tablespoons or more to the avocado mixture and adjust your seasonings again.
- 13If not, do nothing and leave it like it is.
- 14Serve chilled with chips or add a little to your taco salad, tacos or fajitas.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy and Authentic Mexican Guacamole / Avocado Dip
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.7
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.6 g