Recipe by RMess
A very quick, tasty meal...
Top Review by AmyMCGS
My round steak was very lean, so I added canola oil for cooking. I also used pound of fresh sliced mushrooms in place of the canned, and added in sliced onion. I simmered everything together a little longer than stated before adding the sour cream. The flavor was good, but the steak was a little tough. Next time I might try this in the crockpot to let the meat get nice and tender. Overall, though, a tasty meal-- thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb round steak, 1/4 inch thick
- 3 ounces broiled sliced mushrooms (undrained)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat and reserve.
- Cut meat diagonally in very thin strips.
- Heat fat in skillet until there are 3 tbsp melted fat (may need to add oleo/butter if beef is very lean).
- Remove trimmings.
- Brown meat.
- Add 2/3 cup water and mushrooms.
- Stir in soup mix.
- Heat to boiling.
- Blend sour cream and flour.
- Add to hot mixture.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- Sauce will be thin.
- Serve over rice or noodles.