Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 hrs
Delicious simple and easy Easter biscuits, always a favourite, made quickly and gone even faster!
- 80 g mixed dried fruit
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 400 g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Grease two baking sheets and preheat oven to 200oC/400oF/ Gas Mark 6.
- Cream together the butter and sugar and beat in the egg yolks.
- Sift in the flour, salt, cinnamon and mixed spice together. Fold the flour mix and fruit into the creamed mixture.
- Add enough milk to make a fairly soft dough, turn out and knead lightly on a floured surface.
- Roll out to about 5mm/1/4 inch thick, cut out rounds using a 6cm/2inch fluted cutter. Place on the greased sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush with beaten egg whites and sprinkle lightly with caster sugar. Then return the sheets back to the oven, now reduce oven to 160oC for 15 minutes. Until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and then enjoy.