Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Tasteofhome.com Aug/Sept 2009...too EZ to pass up mom!
- 1064.65 ml cubed cooked rotisserie chicken
- 793.78 g can green enchilada sauce
- 295.73 ml sour cream
- 9 corn tortillas, cut into 1-1/2in pieces (6 in)
- 946.36 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a greased 13X9in baking dish, layer half of the chicken, enchilada sauce, sour cream, tortillas and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake @ 375 for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
I have made this whenever I have leftover chicken and don't want to roll enchiladas. Very easy to throw together.
The ease of this recipe is spot on! My grocery store didn't have a rotisserie chicken at 7 am so I used 4 roasted chicken breasts. Since the breasts were roasted bone-in and didn't have any seasoning, I had to change up the steps of the recipe. I shredded the chicken and mixed it with 2 cups of sour cream. To that I added 1 T of chili powder and 1 T of minced garlic. I then followed the directions by having my first layer be the chicken mixture, then enchilada sauce, tortillas and cheese. Repeat. We put out a "taco topping" bar so everyone could add their favorites: diced onion, tomato, avocado, olives, etc. A little bit of Mom's Salsa and it was perfect! Thanks for sharing! ***Made for Spring PAC 2013***
Super easy put together. Very minimal ingredients. An easy dinner. Thanks for posting.