Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
One of the best things I loved about my job was the sharing of delicious treats at our potlucks - one Christmas potluck this fudge was arrived and I was lucky enough to grab some before it was all gone...I threw out all of my other fudge recipes because this one couldn't be simpler and tastes the best of all. My husband doesn't like nuts in his fudge so I leave it out and it's still delicious.
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup filberts (optional)
- Sift cocoa and sugar together.
- Stir in milk and mix well.
- Place butter on top of mixture and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat with spoon until well blended.
- Spread in 8 inch glass pan.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Well, I tell ya ~ The easiest way to get around someone who likes nuts & someone who doesn't (in the same household) is to make divide the batch in half BEFORE putting it in the 8-inch pan & adding ALL the nuts to just half of it! That worked for me, giving me some of the tastiest, nuttiest fudge while my other half had his wonderfully smooth! Great tasting fudge, for sure! [Made & reviewed in the current All You Can Cook Buffet special]