Recipe by Dorel
I made 1/2 the recipe first. But, I forgot and added 1 cup of coconut. Followed the recipe directions and prebaked shells for 10 min. Try to prick the shells on the bottom before baking. I forgot and nothing serious happened. Baked the tarts for 20 min. The filling was quite firm. We enjoyed them. I think I'll use double coconut all the time. I got 15 tarts. I had condensed milk left over so the next day I made more, 13 tarts this time. I didn't like the look of the mixture after the blueberries were mixed in yesterday, very blue looking. I even used frozen blueberries. You could add some flavoring if desired, taste the filling and see if you want to add anything more. Today I pre-baked the shells for 5 min. I put a few blueberries in the bottom of each shell, depending on size, I used 5-8 in each shell. These I baked for 15 minutes and they were a little runny in the middle. We liked them, there isn't any left. I think I'll try frozen raspberries next time. I'm posting the recipe the way it came to me.
- 396.89 g can condensed milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 236.59 ml coconut
- 473.18 ml fresh blueberries or 473.18 ml frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick bottom crust of premade tart shells, bake for 10 minutes, cool on wire rack.
- In a bowl combine condensed milk, eggs, coconut, then stir in blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into shells and bake 20 minutes or until filling is set.
- You may sprinkle coconut over tops before baking.