Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These crisp cookies are naturally gluten and dairy free. Preparation takes only 10 minutes and is very easy. If you press in an Amarena cherry before baking, cookies will be more chewy than crisp. When I was out of cherries I used pecans for decorating. Either way they are addictive ;-) Double or triple recipe if needed.
- 1⁄2 cup light cane sugar, finely ground
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1⁄3 teaspoon almond essence
- whole pecans (optional) or amarena cherry, for decorating (optional)
- Stir sugar and egg white until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in amond flour and almond essence, but be careful: this mixture is too tough for a handmixer! I just dump everything in my bread machine and run the 'dough' program for a while until the dough is mixed evenly. A good food processor might do the job too ;-) Or just mix it thoroughly with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon the mixture into a cookie press to shape small round cookies or use a small ice cream scoop to form little balls.
- Place cookies 1/2 inch apart on greased cookie sheet or silpat.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 300, place on lowest rack setting in your oven for the first 10 minutes.
- Cookies are done when they start to turn lightly golden. They will be chewy right after baking but will become very crisp overnight.
These cookies are very tasty, and easy to make. I surprised you got 25 cookies out of one batch, though. I had to make 2 batches to get 25 cookies. Perhaps you could be a little clearer on how small a "small ball" of dough is supposed to be.
You weren't kidding when you said these were easy! Wow! So easy! And SOOO good! I'm definitely going to be trying some of the other recipes you've posted.