Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I like it because my fussy 6 yr old LOVES it. He asks for it all the time! (hence the name of the recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (120 g) packagestove top turkey stuffing mix
- 1 (284 ml) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 (398 ml) canwhole baby carrots, drained
- 1 (284 ml) can sliced water chestnuts, drained (optional)
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 sliced green onions
- HEAT oven to 350°F MELT margarine in a 9 x 9 inch baking dish in oven.
- Remove from oven and stir in contents of vegetable/seasoning pouch.
- Mix in stuffing crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup of mixture.
- SPREAD remaining stuffing crumbs evenly in bottom of dish.
- BLEND soup and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; spread over stuffing crumbs in dish.
- Sprinkle reserved stuffing over top.
- Cover; bake 35 minutes.
- Uncover; bake an additional 5 minutes.
- **I don't use the sour cream or the water chestnuts and I add broccoli**
This was easy to make and turned out good. All of our family members liked it. I had a little trouble converting from metric but it worked. The only substitution I made was to use sweet onion chopped finely because we didn't have any green onions.
Very good and easy. Easy directions. Just a good ole fast comfort meal. I made with some cooked chicken i had in the freezer. My grandson loved it as well, his name is Dylan, one reason why I picked it for PAC Fall 2007.