1 hr 10 mins
Rollin in the Dough!'s Note:
My absolute favorite camping breakfast! Easy to throw together and great reviews from happy campers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup butter or 1/8 cup margarine
- 24 ounces o'brien frozen potatoes, thawed
- 10 large eggs, beaten and seasoned with S & P
- 15 slices cooked bacon, I buy one package of already cooked bacon
- 10 breakfast sausage links, cooked, I buy one package of already cooked sausage
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Start heating 25 briquettes.
- 2Pour melted butter in bottom of a 12" dutch oven, if you can't melt it first cut into pieces and place evenly on bottom of dutch oven.
- 3Add bag of potatoes, if frozen add more briquettes to bottom or cook longer.
- 4Tear each bacon slice and sausage link into 3rds and sprinkle over potatoes.
- 5Add 1 cup of cheese.
- 6Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- 7Place lid on securely.
- 8Put 10 briquettes on bottom and 15 on top.
- 9Bake 45 min or until egg is set, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 10Cut into pie pieces and serve!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Oven Breakfast Bake
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 581.2
- Calories from Fat 383
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Cholesterol 364.0 mg
- Sodium 1079.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
breakfast sausage links