Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My absolute favorite camping breakfast! Easy to throw together and great reviews from happy campers!
- 1⁄8 cup butter or 1⁄8 cup margarine
- 24 ounces o'brien frozen potatoes, thawed
- 10 large eggs, beaten and seasoned with S & P
- 15 slices cooked bacon, I buy one package of already cooked bacon
- 10 breakfast sausage links, cooked, I buy one package of already cooked sausage
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Start heating 25 briquettes.
- Pour melted butter in bottom of a 12" dutch oven, if you can't melt it first cut into pieces and place evenly on bottom of dutch oven.
- Add bag of potatoes, if frozen add more briquettes to bottom or cook longer.
- Tear each bacon slice and sausage link into 3rds and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Add 1 cup of cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese.
- Place lid on securely.
- Put 10 briquettes on bottom and 15 on top.
- Bake 45 min or until egg is set, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake another 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into pie pieces and serve!