Recipe by Barb in WNY
Just a few ingredients for a warm comforting soup. Unknown source for this recipe.
- 5 potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes until tender.
- Add additional water to make a quart.
- In frying pan; melt 2 T butter.
- Add flour, stirring to avoid burning, and cook until flour is golden brown.
- Add to the potatoes and water.
- Stir until creamy, but do not mash the potatoes.
- Simmer until soup thickens.
- Add parsley, seasoning and remaining butter.
- Serve hot.