Recipe by Cynna
This is the traditional way to eat asparagus in The Netherlands and probably in Germany and Belgium too. Posted for Zaar World Tour II '06
- 1 lb asparagus
- 4 slices ham (approx 4 oz)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 12 new potatoes, boiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Break off tough ends of the asparagus and boil in salted water until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile chop the ham and egg finely.
- Put asparagus on a serving plate and garnish with the chopped ham and eggs.
- Serve with the boiled potatoes and melted butter in a jug on the side.