Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the traditional way to eat asparagus in The Netherlands and probably in Germany and Belgium too. Posted for Zaar World Tour II '06
- 1 lb asparagus
- 4 slices ham (approx 4 oz)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 ounces butter, melted
- 12 new potatoes, boiled
- Break off tough ends of the asparagus and boil in salted water until just tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile chop the ham and egg finely.
- Put asparagus on a serving plate and garnish with the chopped ham and eggs.
- Serve with the boiled potatoes and melted butter in a jug on the side.