Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delightful spring meal by David Scherer Serving Suggestion: Serve the lamb on the salsa, with the salad and dressing. I use Chermoula Dressing as the dressing on the herb salad
- 1 kg lamb, rump sliced into steaks 2cm thick
- 1⁄2 bunch basil
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 60 ml olive oil
- 60 g dukkah
For the salsa
- 4 apricots, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 sprig basil, chopped
- 3 sprigs flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 spring onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons your favorite dressing (I use Chermoula Dressing)
For the salad
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped vietnamese of fresh mint
- Combine all ingredients for the lamb except the dukkah, and marinate the lamb for two hours or overnight.
- Remove from the marinade and dust with the dukkah.
- Grill on a hot griddle or BBQ plate until cooked to desired degree. This could also be pa n fried.
- For the salsa:.
- Combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- For the salad:.
- Combine all salad ingredients.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve the lamb on the salsa, with the salad and dressing.