Recipe by Troop Angel
I found this recipe while looking through the coupon inserts, and it is definitely one of my favorites! Easy to make, and oh so good! :-)
Top Review by Fauve
This was simply excellent! My family loved this. I didn't use nearly the amount of tortilla wedges, though... Somehow, all that seemed a little too much. (Maybe I misinterpreted the directions?) But WOW what flavor! My husband couldn't stop complimenting this dish!!! Thank you, T.A., for an excellent recipe. I'm so glad you won the football pool!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I use frozen fajita chicken, cooked per pkg instructions)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I like to use 1/2 Fiesta blend Mexican cheese, 1/2 cheddar)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 dozen flour tortilla, each cut into 6 triangular wedges (8 inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 2 1/2 quart or a 11x7x2 baking dish, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, 1 cup Fiesta blend Mexican cheese, soups, Ro-tel, green chilies and blend well.
- Set aside 12 tortilla wedges.
- Mix remaining tortilla wedges into chicken mixture.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Carefully remove from oven, tuck remaining tortilla wedges around inside edge of baking dish, top with 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer.