Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Had this at a St. Patricks Day party and loved it. Not being from Dublin it's not a dish that was ever cooked in our house. TBH, it doesn't look great when being prepared and isn't the most beautiful when it is. But is tastes delicious. Good comfort food.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place sausages in a pan, cover with boiling water.
- Return to boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered 7 minutes, drain and cool.
- Cut bacon into 2 cm strips.
- Heat oil in pan, cook bacon 1 minute.
- Add onions and cook until golden.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove bacon, onions and garlic.
- Cook sausages on all sides until well browned, remove.
- Arrange potato slices in base of large heatproof dish, top with bacon, onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle sage and pepper over dish and add chicken stock.
- Place sausages on top, cover and cook at 180 C for 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked.