1 hr 30 mins
Dearg Doom's Note:
Had this at a St. Patricks Day party and loved it. Not being from Dublin it's not a dish that was ever cooked in our house. TBH, it doesn't look great when being prepared and isn't the most beautiful when it is. But is tastes delicious. Good comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Place sausages in a pan, cover with boiling water.
- 3Return to boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered 7 minutes, drain and cool.
- 4Cut bacon into 2 cm strips.
- 5Heat oil in pan, cook bacon 1 minute.
- 6Add onions and cook until golden.
- 7Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 8Remove bacon, onions and garlic.
- 9Cook sausages on all sides until well browned, remove.
- 10Arrange potato slices in base of large heatproof dish, top with bacon, onions and garlic.
- 11Sprinkle sage and pepper over dish and add chicken stock.
- 12Place sausages on top, cover and cook at 180 C for 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dublin Coddle
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.8
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 625.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 17.3 g