Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This family recipe originalted from the Molise Region of Italy. Dry Spaghetti is one recipe from my cookbook, "The Eve of Seven Fishes - Christmas Cooking In The Peasant Tradition".
- 1 lb capellini
- 3 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 ounces raisins (lunch box size)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves (Diced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons orange rind (Grated)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- black pepper
- Saute garlic until translucent in large skillet.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir until the breadcrumbs are lightly toasted.
- Add raisins, chopped walnuts, fresh parsley and grated orange rind. If a little dry moisten with more oil.
- Continue toasting until all ingredients are heated.
- Prepare pasta according to label directions for al dente texture. Tossed pasta and toasted mixture and serve.