Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A healthy snack for watching TV or a lunchbox. For a gluten free diet check that the rice crackers and tamari sauce are both labelled as gluten free. Makes a great gift. Quick and simple to make. You cna use any combination of nuts and seeds- just vary the amount of tamari sauce used
- 100 g rice crackers (use one packet of crackers)
- 1 cup whole almond
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1⁄2 cup pepitas
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup tamari
- Preheat oven to 160°C or 320°F (use a lower heat if fan-forced oven being used).
- Combine everything in a large mixing bowl, addin the tamari last. Combine to ensure that all ingredients are coated in the Tamari sauce. Add a little extra sauce if required. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Place onto two large baking trays. Bake for 25 to 30 min utes. The nts will dry roast.
- Store in an airtight container.
What a great idea, I've seen lots of these snack mixes but none with rice crackers, I had some seaweed ones that were a bit soft when I opened them so thought I'd whip this up. I didn't have cashews so used all almonds. Lovely salty & crunchy snack that is great to grab a handful of to beat those hunger pangs in the afternoon and really easy to make. Thanks Jubes!