Prep 1 min
Cook 11 mins
This makes raw almonds delicious without using additional oil. They are great by themselves as a snack or mixed in with other dishes--chop roughly and add to green salads for extra protein and crunch, mix with a crumble topping for a lovely, fragrant flavor to your apple or peach crumble, or top your oatmeal with roasted almonds to add more essential vitamins to your meal.
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (raw)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional -- I mainly put this here because recipezaar requires at least two ingredients, as the almo)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread almonds on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown and fragrant. Note that because of their high oil content, the almonds will continue to roast after you remove them from the oven.
- Check to make sure that the almonds have the proper crunch when bitten into. It should taste toasted, not bitter or burnt.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired.
Terrific! My almonds were perfect after 11 minutes. I used very fine ground kosher salt loved these - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010
This is a great simple recipe that works every time. The nuts are toasty and tasty and you don't just get a mouthful of seasoning (I omit the salt). I also do this with raw cashews. YUM!